Add to Google Reader or HomepageAdd to PlusmoSubscribe in BloglinesAdd to Technorati Favorites

Monday, June 15, 2009

Isabel the DELIGHTFUL



Miss Isabel is an adorable 4 year old who came into my world a year ago. Her "Nanny" is a dear friend who helps to care for my Dad. Isabel has brought great joy to Dad and to me. The finished blog is about this little love. Left, Dad playing Santa with Isabel receiving gifts; right, Isabel the OLIVE MONSTER.

A few weeks ago, the "Blue Devils" had me and when I'm feeling low, I tend to nap. It was a quiet, sunny Saturday. A perfect day to be outside working in the garden or riding a bike. I had driven my usual 203 miles the day before so the day appeared less perfect to me. About 2pm, I heard the sound of little feet pounding on the stairs and suddenly, Isabel the DELIGHTFUL was by my bed, tugging on my sheets and in a rather loud voice saying "It's day time, what are you doing in bed?"

I rolled over and looked at this little darling, looking quizzical, she started to climb up and over the foot board and onto the mattress. Then is her usual way, she started talking 'a mile a minute' about Sponge Bob, Dora, Nanny, and "Gerwee", that's my Dad, "Jerry". I couldn't help but feel good.
I had my lap top so I asked if she would like to watch something and I suggested that since we both enjoyed kitties, that would be a good subject. You Tube is FILLED WITH WONDERFUL animal videos to watch with kids and Isabel and I found the best.



Isabel LOVES to draw and fills her pages with bright color. Her pieces are complex; a personal iconography that holds her attention for a long time. We have a space for her in Dad's and my shared studio. Isabel is a healthy and happy four year old girl. Her parents are divorced and she lives with her mom. Both parents are loving and active in her life. Her NANNY also spends much time with her and that is why dad and I are SO FORTUNATE to be able to share in Isabel's life.

Yesterday, Isabel called to wish "Gerwee" a Happy Father's Day. Dad sparkled with delight. This week she will be over one evening and I plan to present her with a pair of "Dora" garden gloves; it is NEVER TO EARLY to teach children how to care for plants.

When Isabel visits, Dad and I are thrilled, but there is a negative and that is AGNES THE CAT really dislikes "Issy". Poor Isabel tries to be her friend but the more she tries the more Agnes growls and runs off to hide.

Next month, Isabel will be going to El Salvatore to meet her paternal Grandma. Her Mommie is taking her. What a marvelous event. Isabel the international child; Isabel the Delightful, Isabel our little queen.

1 comment:

Betty Lou Schlemm artist and author

LEARN about HOSTAS

LIVING WELL